Bolshoi director Sergei Filin 'knows' attacker
February 4, 2013, 13:00 GMT
The Bolshoi Ballet's artistic director says he is "absolutely certain" he knows who is behind an acid attack that left him badly injured last month.
Sergei Filin told the BBC he would not name names until investigators are ready to make an announcement.
He said he was sure the aim of the attack was to remove him as artistic director and destroy the prestigious Moscow ballet company's reputation.
Mr Filin is due to fly to Germany next week to continue his treatment.
His eyes were badly damaged in the 17 January attack in Moscow, and he said he had already undergone five operations and was under constant monitoring.
The 42-year-old said he knew that some people had disliked the way he was taking the ballet company, which is known for its infighting and rivalries, but believed he had no "obvious enemies".
He also said he wished he had taken more seriously the months of threats and harassment he had suffered, accepting now that it was "leading up to the tragedy to come".
): Have Your Say >>
Airtel sponsors Big Brother Africa 8
Miss Universe 2012 stripped of her title barely hours to the crowing of a new one
Two Miss Universe organisers play 'Tom and Jerry' as one declares this year's event illegal
Court orders Confidence Haugen to stop using logo for her fashion line
The magical Vodafone Red Room experience, a VVIP touch to 2013 VGMA
Ghana, Nigeria to renew fierce musical rivalry on June 29
Airtel congratulates EL for winning Album of the Year at VGMAs
We donít owe you - RAC LLC tells Miss Universe 2012 winner
Mysterious woman forces journalist to go back to art
Rihanna's dad thinks she'll reunite with Chris Brown
Tools & Features
Audio on Demand
Joyonline on Twitter
Joyonline on Facebook
Joyonline on Youtube
Advertise with Us
© Copyright 2012 Myjoyonline.com All Rights Reserved.